George R. Cook, Jr., AuD, CCC-A, CAOHC-D
Dr. Cook has over 35 years of experience in the occupational health setting. As a founder, major principal, and vice president of hearing conservation for Oto-Data, Inc. vice president of U.S. HealthWorks, and president of Workplace Hearing, Inc.,he created initial service formats and facilitated departmental growth to major players in the service market. He also served as Senior Occupational Audiologist consultant visiting plants to establish or evaluate hearing conservation programs.
During Dr. Cook's career he has developed criteria, program logic and report format for audiogram interpretation, pioneered the use of PC software used in plant medical departments, and supervised the construction of mobile testing units. He has written numerous articles about hearing conservation and hearing tests, and is a member of the National Hearing Conservation Association and the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
He is currently retired and now works on-call and with special project for Workplace Integra. He is a certified CAOHC course instructor and is experienced with litigation and workers compensation.
- Au.D., Doctor of Audiology, Arizona School of Health Sciences, Mesa, AZ, 2004
- M.S., Audiology and Speech Pathology, University of Virginia, Master of Education, Charlottesville, 1970
- B.S., Psychology, Richmond Professional Institute (presently, Commonwealth University), Richmond, VA, 1965
- Certificate of Clinical Competency in Audiology, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Licensed to practice Audiology in North Carolina, Virginia, and New York
- Certified Course Director, (CAOHC) Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation
- Past Chairman of Ethics and Professional Standards Committee, National Hearing Conservation Association
- Member of Baseline Revision Committee, National Hearing Conservation Association
- Professional Service Organization (PSO) Delegate to Executive Council, National Hearing Conservation Association,1997- 1999
- Member of Steering Committee, Hearing Conservation Special Interest Division, American Speech-Language Hearing Association, 1998-2000
- Member of Ad Hoc Committee, Standardization of Hearing Conservation Data, National Hearing Conservation Association, 1999 to present
- Member of Occupational and Environmental Hearing Conservation Committee, American Speech-Language Hearing Association, 1999
- Steering Committee, National Hearing Conservation Association, July 15, 2003, attendance by special invitation.