OSHA Fire Prevention
March 1-3, 2017
Hilton Daytona Beach Resort/Ocean Walk Village, Daytona Beach, Florida
Tech exam is Friday, March 3, 2017, at 11:30 am. Please make travel plans accordingly.
Fire prevention and training can make a huge difference in preventing the loss of life and property. Workplace fires are more common than most people realize. This 2-1/2 day course is designed to provide a general overview of a Fire Protection Program. Topics include OSHA Fire Prevention Standards, fire prevention plans, identifying common fire causes, fire fighting methods and equipment and evacuation options.
Grant Angel, retired with 20 years of fire safety management experience including:
- Safety and occupational health manager, FBI Quantico Complex, VA
- Facilities planning design coordinator, Stafford County School System, VA
- Safety manager, Mary Washington College, Fredericksburg, VA
- To identify the key components of a successful Fire Prevention Program.
- To identify key Building Fire Prevention Building Systems.
- To conduct a Fire Prevention Assessment Inspection.
- To identify noncompliance fire hazardous conditions and take appropriate corrective actions to correct the fire hazard.
- To identify and use Fire Protection Standards, Codes and Regulation to cite noncompliance conditions.
- To identify engineering and administrative controls of fire prevention.
- To reduce or eliminate fires in the workplace by heightening fire safety awareness of all company employees.
- To provide the information necessary to recognize fire hazardous conditions and take the necessary appropriate actions before such conditions result in a fire emergency.
- 1 Elective Tech Credit
- 1.8 CEUs
Course begins Wednesday,
March 1, 2017, at 8:00 am and ends Friday,
March 3, 2017, at 11:00 am.
$875, $925 after
January 26, 2017
Click the link below to go to the Winter Institute registration site. There you will be able to review the classes offered, fill out your information, select your classes, and select your payment method (check, Visa, or Mastercard). Once you've submitted your registration, you will receive a confirmation in your email.
Please review our Registration, Cancellation, and Refund Policies.
For further information on this course, contact the NC ERC office at email@example.com, or call us at 919-962-2101.